Making them up as I go (2)

1. Tell the truth.
2. Entice, or fail.
3. To emphasize, summarize.
4. If it ain't short, it don't work.
5. Be clear.


And so I don't forget:
Don't explain. Just tell a story.
Don't argue. Just say things that make sense.
Expect people to be bored by the writing, and shorten it.
Make the wording easy to take.

Remove Loose Ends -- the interesting one-liners that go nowhere.

Friday, January 8, 2016

No, those are the same word

It started out as a joke. I said I'm retired now and I might be going senile. But then I googled senile because it's not a word I use often and, you know, because maybe I'm senile. I googled it. The first three results were good. Here is number four:


First, they "explain English by way of Greek" (I wish I knew where that phrase came from) ... or in this case, maybe by way of Latin.

And then they say "senile" is
in other words, someone showing signs of senility.
But that's not other words. It's the same word: Senile.

No comments: