Making them up as I go (2)

1. Tell the truth.
2. Entice, or fail.
3. To emphasize, summarize.
4. If it ain't short, it don't work.
5. Be clear.


And so I don't forget:
Don't explain. Just tell a story.
Don't argue. Just say things that make sense.
Expect people to be bored by the writing, and shorten it.
Make the wording easy to take.

Remove Loose Ends -- the interesting one-liners that go nowhere.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Don't Worry, Be Happy

I'm always happy with my posts. You know, you work on 'em 'til you're happy.

What that means is, you can't judge your performance by your product. I can't, anyway.

I always want to do better.To do more. To improve the ideas, the words, and the style of presentation. Because I'm driven to do that, I don't mind taking a minute now and then to say Yeah, this feels good. But I never depend on that evaluation.

No comments: